#FCLMblog ~ From Italy to Russia, the first and the only site about Lokomotiv for the English speaking fans worldwide

Sunday 18 January 2015

A Lokomotiv fan in England.

Lokomotiv is a team with fans from all over the world and today "Lokomotiv Moscow Blog" carry you in England, where Matty supports "Railroaders" thanks to a football simulation video game!





- Hi, Matty. Welcome to the International fan club of Loko.
"Hi Stefano, thanks for having me."

- Tell us how you have became a Lokomotiv fan.
"When studying history, Russia has always interested me. My intrigue for Russia led to me taking a great interest in Russian football. I immediately took a liking to Lokomotiv's badge, and after reading more about the club and having success with them on Championship Manager and Football Manager my support for Lokomotiv grew."

- Do you know other Lokomotiv fans in England or UK?
"I'm the only fan of Russian football that I know. My friends can't understand why I am so interested by it, but I am working on getting them into it."

- Good job Matty! And, in general, what do English people think about Lokomotiv? What are their feelings if a player joins Loko?
"I think most English people see a move to Russia by a player as a move to gain money only. For example Corluka leaving for Lokomotiv was seen as a money-driven move. English people would also think Russian Football as a whole has a problem with racism. Therefore, the league is viewed with general distaste by the English people."

- And what do you think about it? Why there is such a wrong policy of English media against Russian football?
"Well I think that Russian football has a big issue with racism that needs dealing with. The media don't really overemphasise anything to be honest. I wouldn't call it a wrong policy. I do think that Russia is regarded with a level of suspicion by the average person here though."

- Which are your three favorite players in current Lokomotiv? Why?
"Three favourites is very hard to choose! I like Guilherme, as I like his leadership and passion! I like N'Doye, for his goals and pace. I like Denisov, for his solid play."

- And what do you think about Bozovic? How would you comment his work so far?
"I liked the appointment, because despite him struggling at Rostov late on in his time at the club he did great things winning the cup there. I think he has done great things, sorting out the mess Kuchuk left."

- Tell us your top XI of Lokomotiv in 2014.
"Guilherme; Shishkin, Corluka, Durica, Denisov; Manuel Fernandes, Sheshukov; Samedov, Boussoufa, Maicon; N'Doye."

- In which position, in your opinion, will Lokomotiv finish in this RPL?
"I honestly think we can get 3rd, hopefully we can keep this unbeaten spell going (laugh)."

- What do you think about the behavior of fans against the society (their protests during the games or the fact that Lokomotiv Stadium is often empty. If you compare the attendance in 2014 and in 2008, before Smorodskaya, you can find great differences)? Is it right or not?
" I think that fans are perfectly entitled to 'vote with their feet'. They are paying to watch a product and have every right to voice their displeasure. I can not condone the racism shown towards Odemwingie though."

- How would you sum up the 2014 for Lokomotiv? Your + and -.
"Well the main positive for me is the way Lokomotiv have adapted to life under a new manager.  A negative, for me, would be Kuchuk's awful start because we looked so good under him in 2013."

- Which are your main hopes for Lokomotiv in 2015?
"To continue our good run of form, to replace N'Doye and to finish 3rd."

- If you have the possibility to leave a message to all Lokomotiv fans all over the world that read this blog, what would you like to say?
"Always keep the faith, no matter how hard it is. The team is bigger than anything else."

- Thanks a lot for this interview. We are very pleased that you answered to our questions. Bye for now and... vperyod Loko!
"Nо problem. Vperyod Loko!"


If you want to follow Matty, you can find him on Twitter HERE and on his blog HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment